PBTech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PBTech is a website dedicated in helping new and old paintball players. We have many videos made to help you and your friends. If you have any questions please visit our forums and post.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UPGRADE YOUR MARKER.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
freelancer
freelancer

UPGRADE YOUR MARKER. Empty
PostSubject: UPGRADE YOUR MARKER.   UPGRADE YOUR MARKER. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 1:43 pm

--EDIT:EDIT:EDIT:EDIT:-- THIS THREAD WAS MISUNDERSTOOD DO TO A LACK OF EXPLAINING ON MY PART SO I HAVE REWRITEN THE FIRST POST. SO NOW THE OTHER POSTS MAY NOT MAKE SENSE WHEN READING THE UPDATED 1ST POST.--EDIT:EDIT:EDIT:EDIT--
Ok this is to the people that have a spyder, as I do, and want to play on a higher level, Im not talking about a higher level of competition just a higher level of personal play. GET A NEW MARKER!!!!!!!!!!!! I know this may seem like I am bashing spyders and new players but I'm not, it would cost a lot more $$$$$ to upgrade your spyder then to get a better marker. For those of you who don't believe it would cost more to upgrade your spyder than get a new marker, look at this.
$30 for the feedneck
$40 for the frontblock
$70 for the reg

$30 for the asa
$30 for the cp drop so the asa will fit
$10 for a spring kit
$30 for a new bolt
$60 for a virtue board
=$300
With the money it would take to do all that you can get=
SLG=$200
PMR=$270
Also there is the Vibe from smartparts. It's only $150 and is a good little gun for the price, it also runs on co2 for those of you that can't do air. Though the board is capped at 11bps, and the body is kinda a weird plastic rubber. IMO I would spend the extra $50 and get the SLG. But if you can only do co2 then go check out the Vibe.

Last edited by TheDLink on Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:53 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : rewriten do to a misunderstanding do to a lack of explaining on my part)
Back to top Go down
TheDLink
TheDLink

PostSubject: Re: UPGRADE YOUR MARKER.   UPGRADE YOUR MARKER. EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 12:48 pm

EDIT=WRITEN BEFORE UPDATED 1ST POST
i dont really think that this should go in the kingman forum, cuz i feel that its kinda putting down all the spyder owners when we should be helping them, no matter how low-end their gun may be. The prices you put down may be cheap for some, but very expensive for others. When kids play pball, a spyder is one of the first guns they may get, and telling them to get a new gun cuz it sucks is just plain stupid...
Back to top Go down
freelancer
freelancer

PostSubject: Re: UPGRADE YOUR MARKER.   UPGRADE YOUR MARKER. EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 1:27 pm

TheDLink wrote:
i dont really think that this should go in the kingman forum, cuz i feel that its kinda putting down all the spyder owners when we should be helping them, no matter how low-end their gun may be. The prices you put down may be cheap for some, but very expensive for others. When kids play pball, a spyder is one of the first guns they may get, and telling them to get a new gun cuz it sucks is just plain stupid...

I'm not putting down Kigman owners. I am just saying that there realy isn't a lot you can do to make spyders better. I have a Pilot which I used to fair effect on the field, it took a long time to figure out all the little things the gun does to help me play a better round. No matter what you do its still going to be a blowback marker, they don't "suck" there just not as good. The biggest thing that makes me mad with mine is when the bolt stays forward, though I did find that running it on air cut down on the problem. The thread is to tell those that have spyders that they shouldn't 'upgrade' their spyder but save up that money and get a better gun.

Last edited by freelancer on Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheDLink
TheDLink

PostSubject: Re: UPGRADE YOUR MARKER.   UPGRADE YOUR MARKER. EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 1:48 pm

freelancer wrote:

I'm not putting down Kigman owners. I am just saying that there realy isn't a lot you can do to make spyders better. I have a Pilot which I used to fair effect on the field, it took a long time to figure out all the little things the gun does to help me play a better round. No matter what you do its still going to be a blowback marker, they don't "suck" there just not as good. The biggest thing that makes me mad with mine is when the bolt stays forward, though I did find that running it on air cut down on the problem. The thread is to tell those that have spyders that they shouldn't 'upgrade' their spyder but save up that money and get a better gun.

well sorry then, this part i underlined wasnt part of your first post, so i inferred that you just wanted people to get rid of their spyders...
Back to top Go down
freelancer
freelancer

PostSubject: Re: UPGRADE YOUR MARKER.   UPGRADE YOUR MARKER. EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 2:19 pm

TheDLink wrote:
freelancer wrote:

well sorry then, this part i underlined wasnt part of your first post, so i inferred that you just wanted people to get rid of their spyders...

No need to be sorry. I didn't realy go into it on my first post. I was in a hurry.

Last edited by freelancer on Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Logitech1
Admin
Logitech1

PostSubject: Re: UPGRADE YOUR MARKER.   UPGRADE YOUR MARKER. EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 4:14 pm

do you know how many spiders get new players in the sport? its a cheap shity gun for sure but when you have never played paintball, never shot a paintball marker and want to try the sport out no one wants to spend alot of money. you can get a spyder for something like 50$ at wallmart? somthing around there.
Quote :
I am just saying that there realy isn't a lot you can do to make spyders better
Spyders make awesome markers with some modding. bob long started out in the paintball industy making spyder mods, don't belive me? go google. since they started out making spyder mods alot of intimadator parts will fit the spyder bodys with very little modifacation. when you take intimidator parts and mod them onto a spyder body you make a thing called a SPIMMY.
Back to top Go down
http://pbtech.webs.com/
TheDLink
TheDLink

PostSubject: Re: UPGRADE YOUR MARKER.   UPGRADE YOUR MARKER. EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 9:21 am

most players wont compete in tournaments tho. Most of then may actually just by a cheap paintball gun to play once in a while for fun. Thats so reason to go get a high-end gun off the bat.
Back to top Go down
freelancer
freelancer

PostSubject: Re: UPGRADE YOUR MARKER.   UPGRADE YOUR MARKER. EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 2:23 pm

Ok like I said in the forst post I rewrote it do to a misunderstanding by a lack of explaining my point the 1st time. I have rewriten the 1st post and have put "EDIT=WRITEN BEFORE UPDATED 1ST POST" on all post writen before so no1 just now looking at this thread will get confused. Sorry for all the confusion.
Back to top Go down
TheDLink
TheDLink

PostSubject: Re: UPGRADE YOUR MARKER.   UPGRADE YOUR MARKER. EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 5:54 pm

Much better.. lol

i fixed some of your vocab errors for you, if you dont mind...
Back to top Go down
freelancer
freelancer

PostSubject: Re: UPGRADE YOUR MARKER.   UPGRADE YOUR MARKER. EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 10:02 pm

In doing some research on "spimmy's" I have come to the conclusion that is is cheaper to buy a new marker than make a spimmy. On ebay its $250 for a timmy or $250 for all the parts minus the front block, and reg(reg alone can be up to $70). So its just too much money and hastle to make a spimmy when you can go buy a timmy for cheaper. Spimmy's first started being made when timmys were a lot of money but now that they are pretty cheap its just not worth while anymore.
Back to top Go down
OoReFLuXoO

OoReFLuXoO

PostSubject: Re: UPGRADE YOUR MARKER.   UPGRADE YOUR MARKER. EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 10:55 am

Spyder a better gun than most beat up rentals. If you get one, thats a step in the right direction. But if you Plan on upgrading then you might as well hold off and get a midgrade gun. In a sense its like the Ion, you will end up puting more money into it later, if you want better performance.

I like seeing the youngsters out there, even if they have lower end markers. That means they want to play!!
They have a struggle on there hands, convincing there parents, working/saving esc...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UPGRADE YOUR MARKER.   UPGRADE YOUR MARKER. Empty

Back to top Go down

UPGRADE YOUR MARKER.
Page 1 of 1