PBTech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PBTech is a website dedicated in helping new and old paintball players. We have many videos made to help you and your friends. If you have any questions please visit our forums and post.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Just a few $ more"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
freelancer
freelancer

"Just a few $ more" Empty
PostSubject: "Just a few $ more"   "Just a few $ more" EmptySun May 18, 2008 2:59 pm

The one thing I see all the time, and do myself, on websites or in person is the whole looking for marker cycle.
"I was looking into getting this marker are there any other ones out there for the same price that are better?"
Then someone all ways comes on and says
"Well the ________ is just a few $ more you should get that"
Then the whole cycle gets started again. Someone starts looking for a gun for $200 then throught eh cycle I found that people keep 'one uping eachother' till the guy is getting told to buy a $750 marker. I think we should all try and breal this silly cycle, or atleast try.
Back to top Go down
`kook
`kook

PostSubject: Re: "Just a few $ more"   "Just a few $ more" EmptySun May 18, 2008 3:03 pm

Often times just a few more $ IS better though. You could be saving the person a lot of greif in ups.

Sure, going from 200 to 750 is a jump, but I think up to a $40 increase is reasonable.
Back to top Go down
http://RTSCommunity.com
freelancer
freelancer

PostSubject: Re: "Just a few $ more"   "Just a few $ more" EmptySun May 18, 2008 3:37 pm

Im not saying people go from..
"If your going to pay $200 on a marker you should get ________ its $750 and its better so you wont need to upgrade it."
Its gradual, for example someone, as before, wants to spend $200, then someone says...
"get _____ its only $50 more."
Then the guy says ok, then the cycle happens again.
"Well if your going to spend $250 on ______ then spend $50 more and get _______ its better."
And it just keeps going up and up and up. Im just saying when people ask for advice on which marker to get keep in mind their budget. I know a slight increase is good and all that but sometimes people keep 'one uping' eachother into bankruptcy.
Back to top Go down
`kook
`kook

PostSubject: Re: "Just a few $ more"   "Just a few $ more" EmptySun May 18, 2008 3:50 pm

freelancer wrote:
Im not saying people go from..
"If your going to pay $200 on a marker you should get ________ its $750 and its better so you wont need to upgrade it."
Its gradual, for example someone, as before, wants to spend $200, then someone says...
"get _____ its only $50 more."
Then the guy says ok, then the cycle happens again.
"Well if your going to spend $250 on ______ then spend $50 more and get _______ its better."
And it just keeps going up and up and up. Im just saying when people ask for advice on which marker to get keep in mind their budget. I know a slight increase is good and all that but sometimes people keep 'one uping' eachother into bankruptcy.

Yeah, I get what you mean. For some reason posting "my budget is $200 max" falls on def ears in most places =P
Back to top Go down
http://RTSCommunity.com
freelancer
freelancer

PostSubject: Re: "Just a few $ more"   "Just a few $ more" EmptySun May 18, 2008 9:50 pm

Yea paintball is very hard to get into when your on a 'budget'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Just a few $ more"   "Just a few $ more" Empty

Back to top Go down

"Just a few $ more"
Page 1 of 1