PBTech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PBTech is a website dedicated in helping new and old paintball players. We have many videos made to help you and your friends. If you have any questions please visit our forums and post.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HPA leak??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
OoReFLuXoO

OoReFLuXoO

HPA leak?? Empty
PostSubject: HPA leak??   HPA leak?? EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 9:29 pm

Alright, here it is I have a Pure energy 68/4500 DOB 04/05. After I leave the field I'll usually fill it with air for a little fun in the back yard. But I left the bottle only sittin on my couch last nite and it droppped 500 psi

I though i noticed somthing over the past few week, so this weekend
i filled it up purposely to analyze it. a little pressure I can see but 500psi isnt that a little much?
Back to top Go down
`kook
`kook

HPA leak?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: HPA leak??   HPA leak?? EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 10:49 pm

Thats weird. You sure your burst disks are okay?

If it continues, get it looked at by an airsmith
Back to top Go down
http://RTSCommunity.com
freelancer
freelancer

HPA leak?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: HPA leak??   HPA leak?? EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 10:00 am

I have noticed a 500psi drop when I get my tank filled. What it is is that when yu get your tank filled it heats up so the air expands, then when it cools down the pressure drops so it looks like you have a leak. You may want to get it a hydro test to make sure. Also you can send it to Crossfire for their reg swap program. Send them your tank and they will put a new crossfire reg and hydro it, it costs $70.
Back to top Go down
TheDLink
TheDLink

HPA leak?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: HPA leak??   HPA leak?? EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 9:17 pm

freelancer wrote:
I have noticed a 500psi drop when I get my tank filled. What it is is that when yu get your tank filled it heats up so the air expands, then when it cools down the pressure drops so it looks like you have a leak. You may want to get it a hydro test to make sure. Also you can send it to Crossfire for their reg swap program. Send them your tank and they will put a new crossfire reg and hydro it, it costs $70.

The pressure drop is absolutely correct. What i do is, after they give me my tank, i hang around the store a bit longer. Before i leave, i simply ask the employee(s) to just top of my tank, meaning fill the rest up.
Back to top Go down
freelancer
freelancer

HPA leak?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: HPA leak??   HPA leak?? EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 9:06 am

TheDLink wrote:
freelancer wrote:

The pressure drop is absolutely correct. What i do is, after they give me my tank, i hang around the store a bit longer. Before i leave, i simply ask the employee(s) to just top of my tank, meaning fill the rest up.

Yea I do that almost everytime aswell. Most of the time the guy that runs the store tops it off for me automatic.
Back to top Go down
OoReFLuXoO

OoReFLuXoO

HPA leak?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: HPA leak??   HPA leak?? EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 8:47 pm

500 psi pressure drop ?? WoW, you'd think thats alot for regular air. The tanks dont seem to get as cold as Co2 does. I wonder what the actual pressure is in a Co2 tank B4 and After.
Back to top Go down
freelancer
freelancer

HPA leak?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: HPA leak??   HPA leak?? EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 9:58 pm

OoReFLuXoO wrote:
500 psi pressure drop ?? WoW, you'd think thats alot for regular air. The tanks dont seem to get as cold as Co2 does. I wonder what the actual pressure is in a Co2 tank B4 and After.

Well last time I got my tank filled it was pretty hot. And, of course the hooter air is the more it expands
Back to top Go down
nick

nick

HPA leak?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: HPA leak??   HPA leak?? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 2:26 pm

This problem could be one of many reasons.

1. Pressure drop, yes I've had a 500 PSI drop happen to me before.

2. Fill nipple. If the pressure drop isn't it, check your fill nipple, there could be an o-ring, or possibly something else that isn;t sealing right.

Just go to your local proshop and ask whats up with your tank if you still haven;t figured out.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/12345nik
OoReFLuXoO

OoReFLuXoO

HPA leak?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: HPA leak??   HPA leak?? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 5:20 pm

Had it looked at when I was a my local PB shop. Thay said its fine. Just the slight drop like everyone was sayin. Thanx guys. Rather be safe than sorry!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HPA leak?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: HPA leak??   HPA leak?? Empty

Back to top Go down

HPA leak??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PBTech :: Other Equipment :: Air Systems-
Jump to: