PBTech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PBTech is a website dedicated in helping new and old paintball players. We have many videos made to help you and your friends. If you have any questions please visit our forums and post.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hammerhead Barrels

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheDLink
TheDLink

Hammerhead Barrels Empty
PostSubject: Hammerhead Barrels   Hammerhead Barrels EmptyTue May 20, 2008 3:05 pm

Hammerhead barrels arent that commercialized... and i havent seen one site yet that sells them. On their site however, they claim that it is one of the best barrels in the worl due to its swirl-like milling inside the barrel. Do any of you own one? and how does it compare to the Dye UL? or the Stiff?
Back to top Go down
`kook
`kook

Hammerhead Barrels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Barrels   Hammerhead Barrels EmptyTue May 20, 2008 6:04 pm

Rifling in barrels doesn't do squat for a paintball. Since they are filled with liquid, they spread out like a pancake from the rotation.

Get a waterbaloon and spin it through the air, thats basically a enlarged, exagerated version of it.

A dye UL is better. My old stiffi tore so I'm not a huge fan of them -_-
Back to top Go down
http://RTSCommunity.com
Logitech1
Admin
Logitech1

Hammerhead Barrels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Barrels   Hammerhead Barrels EmptyWed May 21, 2008 8:08 pm

`kook wrote:
Rifling in barrels doesn't do squat for a paintball. Since they are filled with liquid, they spread out like a pancake from the rotation.

Get a waterbaloon and spin it through the air, thats basically a enlarged, exagerated version of it.

rifling also will not work with something like a ball, bullets are not like a ball and paintballs are
Back to top Go down
http://pbtech.webs.com/
freelancer
freelancer

Hammerhead Barrels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Barrels   Hammerhead Barrels EmptyWed May 21, 2008 9:57 pm

I wont get itto it here on the ballistics of firearms, all I will say is rifling does work on round balls (bullets) not water balls (paintballs)
If you want more info on ballistic of bullets and why its diff for paintballs (mike talked about it in a vid) pm me and ask.
Back to top Go down
`kook
`kook

Hammerhead Barrels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Barrels   Hammerhead Barrels EmptyWed May 21, 2008 11:05 pm

Logitech1 wrote:
`kook wrote:

rifling also will not work with something like a ball, bullets are not like a ball and paintballs are

Rifling will work on a ball. Muskets used to shoot .69 caliber shots and guns that were rifled were considerably more accurate because of that, but they are solid.
Back to top Go down
freelancer
freelancer

Hammerhead Barrels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Barrels   Hammerhead Barrels EmptyThu May 22, 2008 12:09 am

Yea a lead ball has much different ballistics than a paintball.
Back to top Go down
OoReFLuXoO

OoReFLuXoO

Hammerhead Barrels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Barrels   Hammerhead Barrels EmptyTue May 27, 2008 8:23 pm

freelancer wrote:
I wont get itto it here on the ballistics of firearms, all I will say is rifling does work on round balls (bullets) not water balls (paintballs)
If you want more info on ballistic of bullets and why its diff for paintballs (mike talked about it in a vid) pm me and ask.

Who's this Mike guy everyone keep quoting about his vids??

The 3 piece barrel sets i think are the best
Back to top Go down
`kook
`kook

Hammerhead Barrels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Barrels   Hammerhead Barrels EmptyTue May 27, 2008 9:04 pm

OoReFLuXoO wrote:
freelancer wrote:

Who's this Mike guy everyone keep quoting about his vids??

You serious? He's the guy this site was made around (sorta, he's regstered but never posts.)

https://www.youtube.com/user/paintballtechpb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hammerhead Barrels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Barrels   Hammerhead Barrels Empty

Back to top Go down

Hammerhead Barrels
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PBTech :: Other Equipment :: Barrels & Paint-
Jump to: